Nirmala Hospital was begun as a small dispensary by the Italian Jesuit Missionary Fr. Edward Beretta in 1937. And later, the Bishop of Calicut, Rt Rev Dr. Aldo Maria Patroni, gave the administration of Nirmala Hospital to the Ursuline Sisters of Mary Immaculate in 1964. Keeping pace with the developments and healthcare needs, the hospital has now grown into a 300 bedded multi-super speciality hospital. They cater to the needs of the suffering population, especially the vulnerable group, by upholding their motto 'Healing Mission with a Human Touch'. Nirmala offers cost-effective healthcare facilities with advanced technology to create a just and healthy society.